The Grace Legacy Fund
The Grace Legacy Fund is a way to perpetually support the ministries that mean the most to you. When you make a donation to the Grace Legacy Fund, you get to choose how your gift is used. Whether you make a gift now or include Grace in your estate plan, the Grace Legacy Fund will continue to support our mission and ministry — forever!
Ways to give to the Grace Legacy Fund
- Outright Gift: You can make an outright gift of cash, appreciated bonds, stocks or mutual funds to the Grace Legacy Fund.
- Gift in Memory or in Honor: Making a gift to the Grace Legacy Fund is a wonderful way to recognize someone special in your life. You may even want to make a gift for a special occasion, such as a holiday or birthday.
- Bequest in Your Will or Trust: You can simply name the Grace Legacy Fund to receive a gift upon your death.
- Gift of Insurance / Retirement Accounts: You can name the Grace Legacy Fund as a beneficiary of a portion of your retirement accounts or life insurance.
- Life Income Gift: You can fund a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust under which you or your family receive an income interest with the balance going to the Grace Legacy Fund.
Your Gift, Your Choice
You decide where you want your gift to be used:
- Altar Guild / Flowers
- Children & Youth Ministries
- Church Building
- Columbarium and Garden
- Mission, Ministry and Outreach
- Organ and Music
- St. Matthew’s Mission
- Women’ Ministries
Frequently asked questions about planned giving
What is the Grace Legacy Fund – don’t we already have an Endowment Fund?
The Grace Legacy Fund was established in 2012 to supplement our Endowment Fund by giving you the choice in how your gift is used.
I don’t have a large estate, will my gift make a difference?
All gifts make a difference. It is a wonderful example to others to include Grace in your charitable giving today or in your estate plan.
Do I tell the church that I have left a gift?
That’s up to you. Grace likes to know in advance so your generosity can be recognized through our Perpetual Grace program. Download a Perpetual Grace Declaration of Intent form here and return it to the church office to let us know about the gift.
Who can help me arrange a gift?
Members of Grace’s Planned Giving and Gifts Committee can discuss the options with you, but you should rely upon your personal advisor to help you determine your gift specifics.
How do I designate in my will or trust documents?
You may need to confer with your attorney for exact legal language, but your will or trust should mention:
The Grace Legacy Fund of Grace Episcopal Church
514 E. Argonne Drive
Kirkwood, MO 63122
You will also need to list any specific fund(s) you wish to support, or you may leave as an undesignated gift.
Please consult with your attorney, CPA or professional advisor for exact language. Here are a few examples:
… to Grace Episcopal Church, 514 E. Argonne Drive, Kirkwood, Missouri, 63122, or its successor in interest, for the Grace Episcopal Church Legacy Fund to be used for the restricted purpose of ________________________(insert fund) or other similar purposes; in the event that such fund does not exist at the time of my death, then Grace Episcopal Church, or its successor in interest, shall use such distribution for such restricted purpose, provided however if such restricted purpose cannot be accomplished, then Grace Episcopal Church, or its successor in interest, shall use such distribution for its exempt purposes without restriction.
… to Grace Episcopal Church, 514 E. Argonne Drive, Kirkwood, Missouri, 63122, or its successor in interest, for the Grace Legacy Fund; in the event that such fund does not exist at the time of my death, then Grace Episcopal Church, or its successor in interest, shall use such distribution for its exempt purposes, without restriction.
How do I get more information?
- Meet with Fr. Todd McDowell
- Meet with a member of the Grace Church Planned Giving and Gifts Committee:
- Attend a Planned Giving Symposium (watch for details)
- Send us a message (below) with your contact information and we will get in touch with you.