Jesus said, "Peace be with you. As the Father has
sent me, even so, I will send you."
During the past decade we have been a stable congregation under …Read More »
Who We Are
Our recent electronic survey and Holy Listening sessions have shown us that we are a "ready" church - one that is willing to do the work that it will take to grow both in numbers and individual spirituality. Our experiences with the Invite, Welcome, and Connect initiative have proven valuable in the past with God's help and will be used as a basis for developing a strategy to r…Read More »
Amazing Grace - Our History
God's Grace, the amazing gift given out of
God's unconditional love for us, has been
reflected in our church, our mission, and
our lives since our church was founded.
Grace is more than our name.
Our history as a church family began in 1854 when H. I. Bodley and his family began a service of lay reading at his home near the Village of Kirkwood. He began inviting his neighbors to c…Read More »
Kirkwood, Missouri was established in 1853 and today covers nine square miles with a population of 27,772 (2020 census). Located in St. Louis County, Kirkwood enjoys above average property values, quality public and private schools, safe neighborhoods and exceptional city services. Over 300 acres of parkland can be found throughout the community, ranging from a large c…Read More »
The kitchen at Grace is always a busy place. Once a month we prepare a meal, Trinity Hot Lunch, that…Read More »
In-church ministries help us recharge our spirituality and deepen connections so we can go forth and spread Jesus' teachings to others outside our church family.
We have a myriad of ways at Grace Episcopal Church to renew ourselves as a faith community, inspired by the Holy
Spirit and the joy of knowing Jesus. Some people enjoy serving as lectors, choir singers or in the …
Worship & Music
power of the Holy Spirit, we are made one body,
the body of Christ sent forth to live the Way of Love.
Our financial situation at Grace is on sound footing. This is the result of two successful capital campaigns designated to improve our facility, reduce our debt, and add funds to our Legacy Trust. In fact, the proceeds from this trust and our Endowment Trust have contributed about 28% to our current year's operating budget. The total worth of these two Trusts is over $3.4 Milli…Read More »
The Diocese of Missouri has approximately 10,000 members and forty-one congregations. About 75% of its adherents live in the greater St. Louis area. In 1841, the Episcopal congregations already in existence in the state of Missouri founded the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri. In 1844, the Diocese elected its first bishop, Cicero Hawks. The Diocese split into two sections during…Read More »
The Rector We Seek
- A spiritual leader and a pastoral presence who inspires and teaches us to be aware of God in our midst and encourages us to live out Jesus' mission in our daily lives-a good shepherd who walks with us on our journey of faith.
- A relationship builder who encourages, involves, recognizes, and motivates staff and lay members to serve the parish using their God-given talents.
- As a parish community we will strive for a society that reflects God's hope for the world as we follow Jesus's teaching and actions.
- We will work to renew and revitalize our community, partnering with people in Kirkwood and the surrounding communities to share our vision and commitment to service.
- With loving inclusion, we will create new opportunities for people of all age…
Get In Touch With Us
If you or someone you know feels called to enter discernment with us as we search for our next rector, the following items must be submitted to: The Rev. Canon Doris Westfall at [email protected] by March 24.
- Cover letter stating your desire to join us in discernment
- Current Resumé
- Current OTM Portfolio
- Please answer the following questions with fewer than 20…