- About Grace
Exploring the Five Marks of Mission at Grace
On October 1, 2015
The Mission of the Church Is the Mission of Christ
The Five Marks of Mission were developed by the Anglican Consultive Council between 1984 and 1990. They are used in parishes throughout the worldwide Anglican Communion as a practical and memorable “checklist” for mission activities.
Grace Episcopal Church is focusing on the Five Marks of Mission this fall in our stewardship efforts. Each week throughout October we featured some of the people and ministries of Grace Church that are examples of one of the Five Marks of Mission. We hope these videos give the community a better idea of who we are as a parish, and maybe even inspire others to join our mission.
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
- To seek to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
Grace also featured our mission work during our Ministry Fair throughout the month of October. Each Sunday we highlight ministries related to a different Mark of Mission. These fairs are a wonderful opportunity to get a look at the good work happening throughout our parish, to meet ministry leaders, and to explore opportunities to get involved. The fairs are held in Albright Parish Hall following both of our Sunday worship services.
*Videos are produced by Janis Greenbaum, Director of Christian Formation and Communications at Grace Episcopal Church. All rights reserved.