- About Grace
Wednesdays in Lent: Experiencing the Sacred in Art and Music
On February 12, 2015
Grace Church is pleased to present prominent local artists, musicians and theologians who will share their expertise and provide hands-on learning opportunities to bring us closer to God this Lenten season.
No prior experience with art or music is required — just a desire to experience something new and beautiful!
Please pre-register with Janis Greenbaum if you need child care for one or more evenings.
- 6 p.m. – Soup & Salad Dinner (please sign up in Albright Parish Hall if you can help provide)
- 6:30 p.m. – Guest Presentation
- 7:30 p.m. – Prayer Service
- 8 p.m. – Program Concludes
Topics & Speakers:
- Wednesday, Feb. 25: Sacred Art and Theology
Special guest: Aaron Frei, artist at Emil Frei Stained Glass Studios in St. Louis
- Wednesday, March 4: Interpreting the Gospel through Art
Special guest: Mary Drastal, artist, teacher and member at St. Martin’s Episcopal Church
- Wednesday, March 11: The Way of the Cross
Special guest: Sarah Bryan Miller, classical music critic at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Wednesday, March 18: Images of the Crucifixion in Art History
Special guest: Fr. Terrance Dempsey, Director and Curator of the Museum of Contemporary Religious Art at St. Louis University
- Wednesday, March 25: From Hymn to Song
Special guest: The Rev. Brooke Myers, musician and former rector at Holy Communion Episcopal Church
Download a brochure with all our Lent, Holy Week and Easter services, programs and events at Grace Church:
2015 Lent, Holy Week & Easter.
Tagged with: Lent