- About Grace
A New Year, a New Look: Changes coming for Grace Communications
On November 24, 2014
Communications Team Meeting
Sunday, Dec. 7 / 11:15 a.m.
LaVielle Conference Room
Everyone is invited to be part of our Communications Team
… especially if:
you’re involved in ministry work at Grace
you like to write
you like to take pictures
you like social media
you like to tell stories
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
by Janis Greenbaum,
Director of Christian Formation & Communications
Making little changes can make a big difference in your life — styling your hair differently, buying a new outfit or adding a walk to your morning routine can change the way you see the world, and even change the way the world sees you.
As we ring in a new year, we’re making some changes to our church communications. Perhaps the biggest change is with the publication you are reading right now – this will be the final issue of our monthly newsletter. Please read through the list below to learn all about our plans.
We hope these changes make it easier for you to keep up with the many facets of our parish life as well get a new perspective on our world.
This is where you’ll find what’s happening, when it’s happening and where it’s happening around Grace Church:
- iMessenger / weekly email: Our weekly email will be moving from Friday afternoon to Thursday morning delivery. The emails will list news briefs, with options to click through to full stories on our website. If you are not receiving these emails now, sign up using the link on the front page of our website.
- Messenger / weekly printed announcements: The Messenger will be a weekly (instead of monthly) publication and will be reformatted to list brief
descriptions of upcoming ministry events, birthdays, anniversaries and other parish news. The printed
version will be distributed with your Sunday worship bulletin; a downloadable copy will also be available on our website.
*All announcements must be submitted by 9 a.m. each Wednesday to be included in our weekly publications.
This is your one-stop information venue for everything at Grace Church. News, events, announcements, prayer lists, ministry descriptions, feature stories and our parish
calendar — it’s all accessible 24/7 wherever you are and updated on a daily basis.
- http://www.gracekirkwood.org: The site will soon have an updated look and will function more responsively on your mobile devices.
Quarterly Printed Newsletter
Our new quarterly publication will go a little deeper than our other communications to feed your spirit. Enjoy feature stories and pictures about the people, history and events at Grace Church as well as our surrounding community. We’ll also offer personal reflections, Christian formation articles and news from around the Diocese of Missouri, the Episcopal Church and the Worldwide Anglican Communion.
- Help us name this publication! Send your suggestions to email@example.com.
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram — today’s technology gives us many options to spread the Good News from Grace Church. If you enjoy spending time on social media, please talk to Janis about becoming part of our network. Here are a few places you can find us now:
- Twitter.com: @GraceinKirkwood
- Flickr.com/GraceChurchKirkwood (pictures)
- Where else would you like to see Grace?
Sign up for upcoming events, get information from various church ministries and find community news on our bulletin boards in Albright Parish Hall.