- About Grace
Sunday morning youth Lenten series
On February 12, 2013
All high school students are invited to be a part of a special Sunday morning Lenten series at Grace. Our classes begin Sunday, Feb. 17 and run through Sunday, March 24. We’ll meet at 9:45 a.m. in room 9 in the lower level of the church. Coffee, tea, juice and morning snacks will be available. The program will overlap with our 10 a.m. worship service. We’ll join our families in the service in time for communion.
Each week of the series we’ll take a journey to the Holy Land to learn about the life and ministry of Jesus. We’ll explore the following topics and locations:
- Feb. 17: Baptism & Temptation at the Jordan River and in the Wilderness
- Feb. 24: The Healing Ministry at Capernaum
- March 3: Proclaiming the Kingdom in the Mountains
- March 10: Calming the Storm on the Sea of Galilee
- March 17: Sinners, Outcasts, and the Poor in Samaria
- March 24: The final week in Jerusalem
This series is based on “The Way: Following in the Footsteps of Jesus,” by Adam Hamilton (the same series used in our Wednesday Soup Supper & Study program this year). View a preview below.
Come for one week or every week for a chance to meet friends and reflect on our faith. For more information, please contact Director of Christian Formation & Communications Janis Greenbaum.