- About Grace
Submit calendar requests by March 30
On March 7, 2012
by Angela Breeher, Parish Administrator
Our 2012-13 Calendar Planning Process is underway and will be completed April 17, 2012. Calendar planning can be an effective and important tool in parish ministry to help us vision and implement new ideas, hold fast to beloved traditions, plan ahead, drive parish communications, prevent scheduling conflicts for people and building space, and track events in our common life together.
Key liturgical dates, holidays and program dates have already been placed on the 2012-13 calendar, but we need your input regarding:
- Committee meetings
- Fundraisers (ButterBraids, Lobsters, Pie Sale, Trivia Night, Holiday Sale, ANY ticket sales)
- Ingatherings (Stewardship/EMC Ingathering, ERD, UTO, Mother’s Day)
- Outreach Opportunities (Trinity Hot Lunch, Mission Trip)
- Parish dinners (Shrove Tuesday, Elegant Italian Dinner)
- Christian formation/study opportunities (special Church School events/recess, Quiet Days)
- Fellowship (Grace on the Go, Women of Grace, Foyer Groups, Youth Group events, Bridge)
- Special parish events (Spring Picnic, Program Start-Up Picnic, Hanging of the Greens)
- Music (Evensong, Hand bell concerts, Kirkin’ of the Tartans, choir rehearsal schedules)
- Building maintenance (clean up days/leaf raking)
- Training sessions (Acolytes, Lectors/EM’s, Ushers)
To help you in your planning, please consult our online calendar on Grace’s website. Download this form: 2012-2013 Calendar Date Request Form to help you convey your plans. If you prefer NOT to use the form, please be sure to provide the necessary information requested (date and day, time, # of people, recurring event, etc.) This information also is used to reserve building space for your meeting or event.
The deadline for submitting calendar date requests is Friday, March 30. You may leave forms in my mailbox in the hallway at Grace, fax, mail or email them directly to me. Date requests will be added to the calendar, reviewed by the staff for conflicts, duplications and omissions and adjusted as needed/appropriate. Please plan to attend a calendar planning meeting on Tuesday, April 17, at 7:00 p.m. in the LaVielle Conference Room to review and finalize the 2012-13 calendar
Additional requests to add events, fundraisers and/or ticket sales to the parish calendar that occur after this calendar planning process must be reviewed and approved by staff (and Fundraising Committee for ticket sales/fundraisers) before being added to the parish calendar. (Use the same form as attached to do this in the future.) No events or fundraisers may proceed without prior formal approval. This does not include small, unforeseen committee meetings; however building space DOES need to be reserved in advance and can be done w/me directly by phone or email. (Please don’t just show up!)
Thank you in advance for helping with this important work in the life of our parish. If you have any questions, I can be reached at 821-1806, ext. 10 or firstname.lastname@example.org.