- About Grace
Learning about our Anglican roots
On February 1, 2012
by Mother Rebecca Dinovo
One way we have traditionally observed Lent is by deepening our spiritual and theological understanding through study. This Lent we will be offering a “Soup Supper Study” for adults on Wednesday evenings called “Mere Anglicanism.” In it we will go back to our Anglican roots to discuss and rediscover the wonder of what it means to be an Episcopalian as members of the worldwide Anglican Communion. We will cover the topics of Anglican History, Anglican Worship and the Prayer Book, Anglican Spirituality, Anglican Theology and the Bible, and Anglican Discipleship. We will gather at 6 p.m. for Holy Eucharist in the chapel, followed by a simple soup supper and the study.
Come and learn!
Soup Supper Study: Mere Anglicanism
Wednesday evenings during Lent (beginning Wed., Feb. 29 through March 28)
6 – 8:15 p.m.
- February 29: Anglican Worship & The Prayer Book with the Rev. Todd McDowell
- March 7: Anglican Church History with the Rev. Dr. Warren Crews
- March 14: Anglican Bible and Theology with the Rev. David Fly
- March 21: Anglican Discipleship with the Rev. D. Rebecca Dinovo
- March 28: Anglican Prayer and Spirituality with the Rev. Helen Ludbrook
Our Wednesday evening schedule will be:
- 6:00 Holy Eucharist (Chapel)
- 6:30 Simple Soup Supper
- 7-8:15 Lenten Study & Discussion
We will have sign-ups available for volunteers to bring bread/beverages/soup and salad. Come for all or part of this series, both long time Episcopalians and those new to the church are encouraged to participate. Childcare will be made available if requested in advance. Please contact Mo. Rebecca for more information!