- About Grace
2012 Youth Venturing Ski Night
On January 13, 2011
All Grace teens and their friends are invited to spend the night on the slopes at Hidden Valley Ski Resort February 11 and 12. The 2012 Ski Night is hosted by the Greater St. Louis Area Council and promises to be a great opportunity to learn how to ski, meet new friends and have a fun time.
This event was originally planned for Jan. 7 and 8, but our warm temperatures and lack of snow have pushed the event into February.
More than 500 teens have come to the resort in Wildwood, MO for this Venturing event in previous years. Grace members Ted Sward and Paul Compton are organizing this year’s outing for Grace Church youth. Check-in for the event is from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. at Hidden Valley. Open skiing begins at 6:30. Depending on how many sign up for this event, our group will likely meet at Grace for dinner and then carpool to the ski resort from there.
Please remember that it will likely be very cold — dress in wicking layers: long underwear, insulation (fleece is great), and a wind blocking outer layer, warm socks, mitten or gloves, and a hat or preferably a helmet. The event runs through the night, so save your energy and be prepared to stay up late!
Participation fees for the 2012 Ski Night include:
- Lift tickets only: $25 in advance / $30 after Dec. 28
- Lift tickets and ski rentals: $50 in advance / $60 after Dec. 28
Scholarships are available — please contact Paul Compton for more information.
- 2012 Ski Night info & registration form
- BSA Health and Medical Record Annual Update – please note that every youth and adult must complete a new medical form each year. You will not be allowed to attend unless you have this form completed and signed by an adult.
Everyone who attends must be registered with the Boy Scouts of America Venturing program. If you are new to the Venturing program, please download, complete and return the following forms. (You only need to fill out this form once, so if you have attended previous Venturing events, you do not need to re-register.)
- BSA Youth Application – Grace will pay the $15 annual fee for youth members.
- BSA Adult Application – Adults are responsible for their annual fees.
Pictures from 2011 Ski Night:
(above) Jared Kurth, Laney Sward, Andrew McDowell, Ryan Kerasick, Jack Petri, and Jack Russell and friends
(below, left) Sara Barnard, Laney, Andrew, Ryan, Brendan
(below, right) Brendan Hart